Xios Cafe, Highway 55, Apex
Beth Peace
2005-01-14 21:37:11 UTC
I'd seen a good bit about this place here on tri.dining so we tried it last
night. We both enjoyed it with a few quibbles.

I got the "Lemonato", pork cutlets and mushrooms in a lemon sauce with
roasted potatoes. Very good, not as lemony as I feared, and the roasted
potatoes were quite yummy. It came with a side salad of very mixed greens
and a dressing that was heavy on the oil/light on the vinegar. Since I
don't like vinegar much, I liked it. The portion was large enough that I
finished the rest for lunch today.

My husband got the Pastitsio and enjoyed it as well, although he says he's
had better. The menu didn't mention any sides, so he ordered a side salad.
His (huge) side salad came with my more appropriately sized one before our
meals, along with some rather forgettable bread served with good olive oil.

Our entrees came quickly, and his was served with another salad, this one
unfortunately served directly on the hot plate with his entree. So now he
had 2 salads (well, practically 3 since the side salad was so large).
Another addition to my lunch today.

Dessert was rice pudding (very plain but with honey/cinnamon on top) and
probably the best baklava I've ever had - it was made into a roll (think
cigar) instead of the usual triangle of layers, but it was very, very good.
I saved the second of the two for Saturday breakfast (wish me luck on that).

We discussed the salad mix-up with the waitress after dinner and she said
all entrees come with salad (even though the menu only lists it for half of
them). She just forgot that when he ordered. At least I got my veggies for
lunch today!

Our waitress also mentioned a belly dancer performs once a month (first
Friday, I think), and they're going to add karaoke (!) soon.

http://www.xioscafe.com/
Matthew R Krevat
2005-01-15 15:43:32 UTC
Post by Beth Peace
Our waitress also mentioned a belly dancer performs once a month (first
Friday, I think), and they're going to add karaoke (!) soon.
http://www.xioscafe.com/
Belly dancing. Karaoke.

Question: What would everyone here think about adding improv comedy or
stand-up music (novelty songs on keyboard and guitar) or a combo of the two?
Anne Lurie
2005-01-15 18:42:33 UTC
You lost me! Add improv comedy or stand-up music to *what*? To Xios Cafe
or as topics here on tri.dining?

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh
k***@duke.edu
2005-01-15 20:08:03 UTC
Post by Matthew R Krevat
Question: What would everyone here think about adding improv comedy or
stand-up music (novelty songs on keyboard and guitar) or a combo of the two?
Matthew, you tell me what restaurants are offering improv
and novelty songs, and tell me how much it'll cost for me
NOT to have to go to them--I'll pay it, no quibbling.

Groucho: "How much do you get for NOT playing?"

Chico: "Oh, you no can afford THAT."

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD ken . kuzenski at duke .edu
All disclaimers apply, see? www.duke.edu/~kuzen001
Larc
2005-01-15 21:54:13 UTC
On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 20:08:03 +0000 (UTC), <***@duke.edu> wrote:

| Matthew R Krevat <***@spamisnotkosher.nc.rr.com> wrote:
|
| > Question: What would everyone here think about adding improv comedy or
| > stand-up music (novelty songs on keyboard and guitar) or a combo of the two?
|
| Matthew, you tell me what restaurants are offering improv
| and novelty songs, and tell me how much it'll cost for me
| NOT to have to go to them--I'll pay it, no quibbling.

LOL! I agree and lump karaoke into that mix as well. ;-/

Larc

Dave
2005-01-15 22:33:48 UTC
There you go Matthew, you have just found the most cost effective revenue
maker for the Raleigh Village Idiots. Just find out how much money Ken has,
and you can take it all

Dave
Matthew R Krevat
2005-01-16 13:00:28 UTC
Post by k***@duke.edu
Post by Matthew R Krevat
Question: What would everyone here think about adding improv comedy or
stand-up music (novelty songs on keyboard and guitar) or a combo of the two?
Matthew, you tell me what restaurants are offering improv
and novelty songs, and tell me how much it'll cost for me
NOT to have to go to them--I'll pay it, no quibbling.
Groucho: "How much do you get for NOT playing?"
Chico: "Oh, you no can afford THAT."
Pretty much what I thought. A marketing guy for the restaurant contacted me
about performing there, and frankly I've been too busy to get back to him.
I've been there a number of times and couldn't imagine it really working
there, but figured a little "market research" here couldn't hurt.
--
Matthew R. Krevat
Raleigh's Village Idiots

Delete the spamstuff in my e-mail to respond